One List to Rule them All
It has been proven through years and years of experimental evidence that males require a list if they have to remember anything morethan two items.
Going to the shops to get eggs and bread? No worries, won’t be a problem. Going to the shops to get eggs, bread and milk? No chance – give me a list please! Scientists believe that the addition of a third item is enough to max out the processing capacity of the male brain and will likely turn him into a dosey git.
It is for this very reason that I decided to physically write my bucketlist down. Not only can I just whip it out whenever someone asks me about it instead of having to remember, but I take great satisfaction in seeing those items crossed off! My list is a combination of personal achievements, diving experiences, exotic travel locations and (somewhat) death-defying activities. No doubt the list will grow as I meet more people and hear of their exciting travelling tales but for now, here is my very own bucket list.
- Dive with a whale shark in Koh Tao, Thailand
- Discover a WW2 fighter plane wreck in Rabaul, PapuaNew Guinea
- Walk the Kokoda Track in the Owen Stanley Range, PapuaNew Guinea
- Trek the Himalayas in Nepal
- Dive Green Lake in Tragöß, Austria
- Spend a week diving on a liveaboard inRaja Ampat, Indonesia
- Climb a volcano in Honduras
- Dive the Cenotes in Mexico
- Become a divemaster
- Ride a double black diamond run in Whistler MTB Park, Canada
- Visit the existing wonders of the ancient world
- Dive with a school of hammerhead sharks in Wolf Island, Galapagos
- Marvel at the view in Machu Pichu, Peru
- Sail the Greek Islands on a yacht
- Become (mostly!) fluent in a language
- Experience the Northern Lights from Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort, Finland
- Go sky diving! (a cliché but needs to be on here!)
- Go bungy jumping in Queenstown, NewZealand
- Dive with dolphins in Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia
- Go armed tramping in Greenland (some call it hunting but I’m a rubbish shot)
- Fly first class internationally
- Climb Everest base camp, Nepal
- Dive with a great white shark in South Africa (still not completely convinced with cages)
- Dive the Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- Go on a South African safari
- Visit the Grand Canyon in Arizona, United States
- Visit the Taj Mahal in Agra, India
- Witness the great migration in the Serengeti, Tanzania
- Explore the temples of Angkor Wat, Cambodia
- Drive the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia
- Visit Petra, the lost city in Jordan
- Swim with feral pigs at Pig Beach, Bahamas
- Learn how to freedive to 20m
- Become a dive instructor
- Swim with millions of sardines in Moalboal, Philippines
So there it is – looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me! Keep an eye out for future bucket list posts as I cross them off one by one.
Have you done any of these? Is there anything you think I’ve missed but simply must do? What’s on your list? Drop me a line in the comments section and tell me all about it – I’m always looking for inspiration!